No Status Selected
No Tags
UserPost

9:33 am
May 6, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

I recently added a 19″ Sansui LED TV to my 190.  I used an inexpensive articulating arm mount to accommodate viewing from either the dinette or the bed.

This is the mount I used:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…..00_s00_i03

There is a stud just to the right end of the cabinets which I used to screw into.  I shortened the mounting screws so that they had 1.25″ of stud penetration.

The view from the dinette:

The view from the bed:

I've found the antenna that comes on the trailer to be quite effective thus far, but only if the booster is turned on.  I'm pullling stations from 50+ miles away and the picture is beautiful.

Mike

2012 190 pulled by a 2011 F150 Supercab 3.7 2wd.

6:03 am
May 7, 2012

Mike & Diana

Lake Corpus Christi Texas

posts 93

I like it. Good price too! Thanks

8:33 am
May 7, 2012

Teaspoon

Strawberry Plains, TN

posts 246

Im just curious here and wondered why your window over your kitchen area had no valance like the  bed area one did. or did you take it down?

2010 Sportsmen Classic 14RK 2006 Nissan Titan V8 5.7

2:56 pm
May 7, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

Teaspoon, you had me going for a minute there…until I went to the KZRV website and saw that none of the Classics have a valance over the sink window.  Phew!  I almost thought I was missing something.  Laugh

7:14 pm
May 7, 2012

Teaspoon

Strawberry Plains, TN

posts 246

LOL well Im not too familiar with other models so I wondered..im glad you not missing anything! Wink

2010 Sportsmen Classic 14RK 2006 Nissan Titan V8 5.7

8:32 am
May 8, 2012

Mike & Diana

posts 93

I think it's still an oversight. I'd go back and have one installed…just doesn't make sense that that's the only window without one. My 2011 19SB sure had one.

8:29 pm
May 8, 2012

sandersmr

Texas

posts 338

Hmmm – mine has one

2010 16BH towed by 2002 F-150 Super Crew 4.6L V8

7:50 am
May 9, 2012

BobB

Petoskey, Michigan

posts 16

My 2012 Escape 19sb doesn't have valance over kitchen window either.  It also didn't come with privacy curtain by front bed, which I see in all pictures of 2011s.  Cost saving improvements?

2012 Spree Escape E19SB, 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab, 4×4, 5.3 engine, tow package, 3.73 axle, no wdh or sway control (truck weighs a lot more than trailer and I drive slowly).

1:47 pm
May 9, 2012

wanthony

CT

posts 9

I have a 2012 19SP Spree Escape without one. The answer I got was the valance which is inflamable is too close to the stovetop and so they do not now put one there.

Question on the TV mount. How did you find the stud?

3:09 pm
May 9, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

wanthony said:

I have a 2012 19SP Spree Escape without one. The answer I got was the valance which is inflamable is too close to the stovetop and so they do not now put one there.

Question on the TV mount. How did you find the stud?

Ahhh, the 'ol "it'll catch fire excuse"!  Laugh  Truth is I didn't even notice until it was brought up.  Somehow I will continue to not notice.  Smile

On finding the stud, what I should have used was a stud finder.  I have one, but was too lazy to go get it.  Soooo, see the little tiny hole at the top left of the mount?  That was my first attempt, based on the 'ol thumb push test along the wall.  Geuss what?  Nuthin' but empty space right there!  But the wall is super stiff in that area, so I knew it was well framed back there.  Next I got a piece of stiff wire, simliar to a paper clip unfolded and did a little probing.  I found the stud just to the right of the hole, figured the distance well into the stud and Bob's your uncle.

3:20 pm
May 9, 2012

eocamper

posts 19

I really like this. How/where did you run the wires?

6:18 pm
May 9, 2012

Mike M

SE Massachusetts

posts 88

eocamper said:

I really like this. How/where did you run the wires?

If you look at the pictures you can see the power cord and the signal cable running up to the right side of the cabinet.  The 190 has the TV hookups on the ceiling right beside the cabinets, and I just let the cords drop straight down to the TV.  Because they run so close to the cabinet they're not offensive looking in the least.  There's actually a TV backer built into the wall up there near the hookups, but the way it's set up the TV would be up high and tight to the wall, and I just didn't see it being comfortable to view up there.  KZ probably knows this, but as a responsible company they'd probably also have reservations about recommending the TV be so close to the sink.

Heck, at least if the TV starts shooting sparks my valance won't catch on fire.  Laugh

3:42 pm
May 10, 2012

eocamper

posts 19

OK, My 19SB has the cable/ant. hookup on the other side. Near the door. Imay have to run the wire through the cabinet. We put our tv on the counter where your is.

3:42 pm
May 10, 2012

eocamper

posts 19

OK, My 19SB has the cable/ant. hookup on the other side. Near the door. Imay have to run the wire through the cabinet. We put our tv on the counter where your is.

9:04 pm
May 10, 2012

smilinjohn

Minnesota Prairie

posts 380

Mike M said:

I recently added a 19″ Sansui LED TV to my 190.  I used an inexpensive articulating arm mount to accommodate viewing from either the dinette or the bed.

This is the mount I used:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…..00_s00_i03

Mike

Mike, we're using a very similar articulating mount and has worked out good so far.

SmileJohn 

2010 Sportsmen Classic 14RK; 2005 Ford F-150, 5.4L V8; "…..it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin

3:22 pm
May 12, 2012

Mike & Diana

posts 93

eocamper said:

A 13 inch, which is plenty for my 19SB, fits perfectly in the space on the cabinet next to the door and can be viewed from any location by just turning to desired location, be it bed or table.

No Tags